With wallets getting pinched amidst the recent recession, people are staying closer to home for their holiday travels. And home is a huge chunk of land for those living in the US. This makes the decision on where to go a tough one!
I have seen 48 of the 50 states and will gladly share the top 10 from east to west. A bit of online research will help those of any budget find accommodation. And depending on what season you are travelling, some places are not to be missed. There are some great travel guides available to get you started. Don’t hesitate to check out your local library, because holding a book with good photos to flip through is a valuable resource.
Here are the top 10 must-see places. We will take a close look at the best places to visit in America on separate posts. Enjoy!
1o. North Woods – Wisconsin
9. New England in the fall
8. Smokey Mtn. National Park/Maggie Valley, N.C.
7. Yosemite National Park – California
6. Yellowstone National Park/Grand Tetons – Wyoming
5. Florida Keys
4. Grand Canyon National Park/Petrified Forest – Arizona
3. PCH1 from San Diego to San Francisco
2. The Big Island, Hawaii
1. Mt. McKinley National Park/Arctic Circle – Alaska